What's on your work desk Wednesday 61


Wednedsday again and I haven't posted since last Wednesday, oh dear I'm slipping! Despite having two days off work Monday and Tuesday I still don't seem to have done all that much crafting. I have been concentrating mainly though on a mini book for my Dad for his 70th and have completed six pages of that so I suppose that counts as at least six cards! It's not quite finished yet but I promise to share it when it is. It's the first scrapbook type thing that I've ever made, so not as professional looking as some I have seen, but hopefully he will like it.

My craft space is getting messier by the day, it really needs a tidy up I think!



I've taken a picture of the conservatory from the outside as a few people last week weren't familiar with the English love of these constructions! Ours is not a posh UPVC one though which the majoirity are, it is basically a wooden shack with windows, ha ha! For those of you who were concerned about me overheating last week, my 'air conditioning' consists of opening the doors and the windows which actually works pretty well thank goodness! I usually open them half an hour or so before I go in so it's cooled down ready to start crafting.

The shot through the window of the conservatory shows my promarker storage which consists of a box my hair straighteners came in!



If you are wondering what all this is about, visit Julia's blog at the Stamping Ground by clicking the WOYWW badge on the right of my blog.

Back to work this morning so I had best go and get ready, never mind soon be the weekend again! (What did my Mother say about not wishing my life away...)

Comments

  1. Ali, good to see real life imposing on your crafting too - doesn't it get in the way!! Your conservatory room is fab - ours is wooden too (it wouold be, Mr D built it). Don't give your Dad the mini album till you've photogrpahed it for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe we have similar air conditioning to yours :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh love your conservatory,and yeah aggree with julia,let us see the album first love cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great space xx great snoop hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love a conservatory, great work space. Remember to show us the album first. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your conservatory is perfect for crafting and all YOUR space. I look forward to seeing your Dad's special book,
    jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess people who do not have to cope with the vagaries of the UK weather might wonder about conservatories - but yours is ace...

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your work area and bet is lovely and light when it is not dark !!!!! anyway lovely space thanks for sharing - Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your conservatory is great for crafting, you must have some wonderful light to work in. Look foreward to seeing your Dad's special book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great crafting space. Look forward to seeing the birthday book.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great craft space, the advantage of conservatory crafting is lots of great light to work in, but I guess the price you pay is how hot it can get.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab crafting space you have! I used to be out in my conservatory but couldnt cope with the extremes of temperatures!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that paper storage unit !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow my crafting space is our sun room too!! Very hot indeed in Summer & Cold in Winter!!! Thanks for sharing Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting space, great recycled storage solutions.

    KS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, I have that air conditioning system too. It's not that which is my problem, but the warm air system in winter doesn't seem to work half as well .... I'm still struggling for a storage solution to my Promarker problem too, got them in one of those slim flat boxes at the mo, so I can see the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best kind of air conditioning, fresh air! We have air conditioning at work and it's horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looked like a washing basket in the first photo, surely not. I thought housework was banned to us crafters!!!
    Luv Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think your conservatory looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I use my conservatory as a craft room and I use the same air con - it works fine and isn't the natural lighting wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do love my squiggly ruler! I have another but I can't find it so that one HAS to stay where I can see it! great crafty space you have, so...make some cards!!! see you next week!! Have a great woyww!!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sure your mini book will be fabulous and I bet your dad is going to be tickled pink with it. I am delighted to learn about conservatories. I keep seeing the word, but had no idea. It's really bright with lots of windows. It must not get too hot at your place. If I didn't have AC, I would be boiling, since we set two heat records this week already. Happy WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for sharing your conservatory! it looks bright and airy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your conservatory! And mini books do count :)

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  25. Do you know those hair straightener boxes are very useful ... I had a pink one ... can't for the life of me remember what I put in it ... but I do remember it being useful ... perhaps I should go look :0)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice view, how nice to see the garden while you're crafting.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  27. A lovely little conservatory for your crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think you 'wooden shack' is far nicer looking than the plastic ones are...as for the mess inside though thats another matter lol..
    I do think you should alter your straightners box though, a spot of patterned paper and some inks and it would look the business for your pens

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great paper storage, love your work space.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Still doesn't look too messy to me! Nice to see the outside too!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great snoop there and good luck with your Dads scrapbook - I did one for my Dads 65th and was planning on doing one for his 70th too but as its next Saturday and I havent started it yet its not looking likely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, please say hello and leave me a comment about my designs, always happy to welcome new friends :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Snowflakes are coming!

WOYWW 116 - It's been a while

WOYWW - 103