WOYWW week sixty something...


Wednesday again! If you don't know what WOYWW is all about by now then check out Julia's blog at the Stamping Ground - click on the WOYWW badge on the sidebar of my blog.

Well, Dad loved the mini book I'm glad to say. We had a lovely day over in the Lakes with my Mum and Dad and some old friends who came along for the party. Here is a picture of my Dad with his cake (not made by me I'm sorry to say). He enjoys cycling, hence the cyclist coming down the hill on the cake!



So, what's going on with my desk this week? These photos were actually taken last night. I was making a card for a friend and then when I finished that I was having a bit of an experiment with my Promarkers having looked up some of the tutorials kindly recommended to me by fellow WOYWWers. My first attempt at skin colouring makes her look like she has had an accident with fake tan! So I gave up with that one and started a second with lighter colours. I'm rather pleased with the result. The only thing is I've tested my pens a bit close to her so I couldn't trim her into a neat rectangle or oval, oops! I've therefore just cut round her and will have to mount her onto a neat rectangle or oval instead!





Half way through colouring, one of the pen tops flew off...tearing apart of the craft room ensued...couldn't find it so decided to take a photo of the resulting chaos...and guess what...can you see it? The pen top was under the heater, phew! Don't want my brand new promarkers drying out already!!





I managed to get around 30 desks last week, not as good as my previous week which was around 40 but I did have the excuse of being away at the weekend (when I do most of my visiting). I'm away again on Saturday night this week, but not for the whole day so I will see how many I can get round! Apologies if I don't get to you, I'm sure I will get round everyone in the end!!

See you all next week x

Comments

  1. GoRgeous colour alison!and your palce looks so neat to me!

    happy crafting
    hugs
    yenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great work going on hun xx Happy WOYWW Hugs Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking cake, glad your dad had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colouring! Yummy looking cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab birthday cake. Glad he had a good birthday.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your lovely space. Am not surprised dad liked his card - he looks happy with the cycling cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to see that your dad liked his book. Good of you to share it with us. I'm really late to the party today due to my flaky internet. Happy WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh glad you found your pen. Looks like your dad had a fabulous day and his birthday cake looks yummy. I just love the whiff of joy girl blowing kisses I have used her a lot. I always use Artkure skin colour pen for faces and bodies. I also use a lot of copic, I do have a few promarkers which I was given. Have a lovely day big hugs Jo.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ya
    great piccies of your dad,glad he liked his book, glad im not the pnly one who has lids flying of!! some of them are quite stiff!thanks for the snoop,have a great WOYWW, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you found that pen top. Good job with the colouring.
    Luv Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cake - glad your Dad like the minibook - it makes it all worthwhile doesnt it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy playing with your Promarkers. I often lose the lids but usually somewhere on the desk but as it's sucha mess I have difficulty finding them :-/ I often end up cutting round my images 'cos I've gone over the lines too much!
    Lovely cake
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, happy to meet you, liking this lovely neat space and that cake looks so yummy, lucky Dad:D xx
    p.s Thanks for letting me peek:Dx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colouring, and your dad looks like he had a great day and how fab does that cake look. Thanks for the peeks at your desk this week. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  15. glad you found your lid, what luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do like to look of those drawers! Really handy!
    Glad your dad had a good birthday!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your colouring and the image is great too. Glad your Dad had a great day - we took my Dad to Bristol for his 70th and just got back this afternoon - he had a good one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm just getting into Promarkers too ... did anyone warn you that it's addictive and that you suddenly develop a need to have ALL the colours? Your Dad's cake made me laugh - it was super, whoever made it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thats one fabby cake! You've coloured melinda beautifully :0)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Phew! Lucky you found that pen lid, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab image and the colouring is looking good. Glad you found the lid!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. great workdesk, fabarooney cake!!
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely colouring, you made me laugh with your comment about the accident with fake tan! Glad you found your pen top, I'm still hunting for a stamp I managed to send flying off somewhere on Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hiya

    had a good snoop even zoomed in on the photo's, so I could compare you to others on the scale. I had both slots for 5 and 7 free, but in comparison today think this week your a 5/10. MMmmmmmmmm let's see if you can make more mess like I try to next week.

    thanks for the visit
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. great view from your crafty space, love the cake as well. Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  26. great workspace thanks for the peek
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful job on the coloring. Thanks for letting me poke around a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fab cake and lovely image. Thanks for allowing me to snoop in your craft space

    Hugs Candace

    ReplyDelete
  29. Neat really, great stuff !!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good stuff happening here - and a fabulous cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great cake at first reading and watching the photo, I thought it had been coloured with Promakers!! Lovely image too!!Have a great woyww
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ah your colouring is already skilled - and that thing about testing too close to the image and blahdy blah - I think it's a right of passage, you have to do, to learn not to! Love the shot of your dear dad - what a fab cake!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Glad you found the lid! Your colouring is FAB. What a great cake & lovely photo.xx
    Hope you have a great weekend. Gez.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, please say hello and leave me a comment about my designs, always happy to welcome new friends :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Snowflakes are coming!

WOYWW 116 - It's been a while

WOYWW - 103