WOYWW 62


Wednesday again, how quickly it comes round! This week I have been mainly colouring as I have been stocking up on Promarkers. (Cowling and Wilcox are selling the packs of 5 half price till 22nd August, I've just ordered another 3 packs on top of the 2 they have already sent me!) I really need to have a lesson on using them though as I was never an artist and am tending to just colour in more or less solid blocks, so could do with a lesson on light and shading!



Yes, that is also a Christmas card you can see on my desk! There were so many very organised bloggers I had seen that I was shamed into making a start! There were quite a few Christmassy bits in the haul of stash I got from the car boot sale the other week, so I emptied them all out and had a play. I'll show you the snowman card again when it is finished! The only slight problem is I can't find where I have hidden all my Christmas stamps from last year, any ideas?! There was a Professor of Findology on BBC breakfast (yes really, it's August, they are running out of news to report...) who suggested stopping looking for what you've lost and it will then turn up, so I am trying to resist the urge to turn the house upside down...

My Dad's birthday book is now finished, scroll down a couple of posts to see the finished results. Can't wait for Saturday now, hope the weather is OK!

Finally, here is a picture of my climbing rose in the back garden which I can see from my craft desk. I had thought the climbing rose had gone as it was there when the garden was an overgrown jungle and I had asked the gardeners who came back in the Spring to pull everything out as I was starting again. Looks like the rose is hardy and a couple of branches (do roses have branches??) have survived. This is the first flower since it was brutally flattened, I'm glad it didn't go now! (I wish the bl*&**y) ivy that is popping out behind it had gone though, it's popping up all over the flipping place, grrr!)



Better go to work I suppose, I would much rather stay here, do some surfing and then some crafting, oh well.

I managed to get round about 30 of you last week, plus most (I think!) of my regular commenters, so not too bad! I visited numbers 1-30 last week, so will go for 31-60 this week I think! I'm sure I will get round all of you eventually!

Check out Julia's blog if you want to find out what WOYWW is all about (click the badge on my sidebar)

Have a great week x

Comments

  1. Great desk with a lovely view of your garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the view into the garden from your desk.

    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I am seeing loads of lushness here.. and that rose is beautiful, is it scented?? Have a goodly day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up on the pens - I too need lessons - my Promarkers are in the same pristine condition they were in when I bought them. Shame on me. Thanks for the look around too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the promarkers ,im sure if you look on blogs and you tube theres loads of tutorials for shading with promarkers and copics.Website for promarkers the service second to none can highly recommend!
    Have great WOYWW...wednesday
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo i love promarkers, you will be addicted now.

    Glad to see the rose survived, nature has a way of doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful view you have while colouring, i bet the hours just fly by

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ya Alison
    oh lovely collection of promarkers, i have a few Christmas cards now, makes a change!! Beautiful rose, have great day, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great desk there - with your promarkers colour in the whole area in a light colour, then go over it in parts with a medium colour, then go over the whole lot again with the same light colour, then do some edges with a darker colour and then go over the whole lot again with the same light colour - blends and shades then - works for me! I have managed to get my Dads 70th card done now too but wont be starting an album!! have a great day Saturday too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and its never too early to start Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never too early to start Christmas ... that is what I say ... what I do is n't the same thing at all :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh great things on here,love all the pictures,you have taken why not go on u tube to get some ideas,hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaghh, another one using the 'C' Word! Shame on you. Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I now your dad is going to LOVE his book. You did such a great job. And I still love that view from your windows. I have no copics or promarkers, so will enjoy seeing what you make with yours. As for Christmas, I can't wrap my head around it when the weather is so hot in my neck of the woods. Happy WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh I see promakers, and I start needing to go buy more, really could do with more greens... and greys....and blues... Have a great WOYWW!!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always need the professor of FIndology in my mess!!! please send him here...lol
    Great desk too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great desk pics hun, what a beautiful view you have from the desk :0)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all those images on your desk...and what a lovely view from your window! I craft in a cupboard so have no view at all:0(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hiya Alison

    gorgeous desk space, look at all those promarkers, its so nice when you can get them on a bargain like that!

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your desk looks so tidy and yet so busy at the same time! Could do with some colouring instructions too, but I can refer you to htpp://whiffofjoy.com, there you've got a great tutorial bit that gives you great ideas and also shows you how to colour with Promarkers, Copic Markers, Distress inks...
    Have a lovely day!
    ** Evi **

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful rose and a lovely collection of markers!

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely workspace with a great view out of the window. I took a peek at your mini book too and I am sure you dad will delighted with it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. great space love the pro markers thanks for sharing ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice desk thanks for the peek
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there, wow what a lovely load of Promarkers! I recently went mad in Hobbycraft when they were half price there, still havent got enough, lol!

    Great desk, lovely garden to look out to!

    hugs Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving your stuff and enjoy the Promarkers !!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well done on starting your christmas cards I've thought about mine LOL but that's as far as its gone

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just had a look at your Dad's 70th birthday book. It is so special and I'm sure he was really thrilled.
    Ch******s doesn't start to happen for me until November and NOBODY will shame me into it.
    I love your rose and you'll love the Promarkers! thanks for the nosey at your great space,
    JoZarty

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your space. It's so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mr. Findology is mostly right, although I have found most things a couple of days after I finally stop looking & going crazy, my second set of cars keys with the electronic opener have been missing for at least two years. So I have to be very careful with the set I have in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's interesting how with weekly visits people's spaces are becoming familiar. Makes me feel quite at home!
    The professor is right, my mum always used to say that you find things when you're not looking for them. I hope the Christmas stamps turn up soon!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  32. I hope to you get to find your crimbo stamps soon...you are going to need them with all those gorgeous new pens you have!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I@VE got your christmas stamps, in an effort to hold you up a little so I don't feel so bad!!!! No really, I'm a believer in that s'stop looking' theory...although there are deadlines of course! There are some great PM lessons on You Tube. Those roses are notoriously good 'stayers' - looks like the ivy is next doors - you have to give in or keep cutting, we have the same thing..maybe I'll photo it and show you the 'give in' option!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Helen, well by what I see your colouring is beautiful specially the whiff of joy girly. Your rose has a lovely colour. My sister also believes in the theory of don't look for something it will turn up, I on the other hand go mental when I cannot find something so I take a deep breath and think!
    Lol Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sorry called you Helen Hi Alison, brain dead ha ha Lol Jo.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great looking desk, I could use a pro marker shading tutorial too :0)
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your dad's birthday book looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yeah, there are loads of tutorials on the net for promarkers - the one that springs to mind is a site called Pink Gem, she has a 'flesh tones' tutorial which I hope to get around to following one day! Thanks for the heads up on that sale, bang goes my stash diet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, please say hello and leave me a comment about my designs, always happy to welcome new friends :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Snowflakes are coming!

WOYWW 116 - It's been a while

WOYWW - 103