WOYWW


Can't believe it is Wednesday yet again! Lots going on on my somewhat messy desk this week! I've had a bit of a bargain haul from one of the local car boot sales, still going through it all and finding out what I've got! Hubby goes round the car boot sales on a regular basis to help feed the ebay empire. I was just relaxing on Sunday when he called to say there was a lady selling craft stuff for 20p per item so I thought I'd go and have a look. I got quite a few bits and pieces (mainly papers and ribbon, plus some rather funky sequins you can just about see in the top right of the photo) from her. I also had a wander about and found another lady selling a box crammed with craft stuff for £5! I managed to get her down to £4 and it was definitely worth it, it was crammed with card, paper, gems, ribbon, stamps, stickers, the lot! The box is in the second photo, I've taken the ribbon and gems out now but the papers and card are still all in there.



Now I just need to get making some cards, struggling a bit for time at the moment! I think I'm going to have to ban myself buying more stash until I use some of what I already have! There again, I am collecting nesties and there are a few I still want... I've also just booked my ticket for the Northern Papercraft Extravaganza in Harrogate in September, anyone else going? I've booked for the Sunday :-)

A few people have asked me over the weeks where I bought my drawers (the ones with the white drawers and slots for paper). I actually got them on the internet from Storage4Crafts from the 'Best' range. They were quite pricey but they have been very useful and are very sturdy. Not sure if you can get them overseas from the UK or not though.

So this week I should get round a few more desks, I'm going on the train to London with work tomorrow so, providing I can get the WiFi to work, I intend to take my laptop and do a bit of (work, hmm) surfing on my trip.

If you are wondering what WOYWW is all about, click on the badge on the right handside to visit Julia's blog to find out more.

See you all next week

Comments

  1. I have seen those storage units on the internet. They are superb, but like you said, really pricey. Well worth it, if you are a serious paper collector and stamper (grin). Let's see how well you do without buying anything till September. Happy WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good bargaining!! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh...hope you have lots of fun with your car boot stash Alison....loved seeing your workdesk today....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what great finds you have today.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How come I nver find bootsale bargains like that?!?!

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh you got some brilliant bargains,there gosh how come i never find anything like that hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alison
    wow whata fab bargain you got, i never find them like that, hope you got some goodies in it, have great day, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bargains....I hope you find some time to create!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to do a booter too as I have sooo much stash I can't move. I spy a shiny big toe.!
    Luv Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pic of your foot hehe
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. That was a bargain. I have got piles of stash I never use. I should go to a car boot sale. Have a good week. Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did so well with your bargains... I'm all for recycling! I love going to Bootys but have never yet found crafty stuff. Thanks for the peek.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Surfing on a train ... sounds like a fab day to me X

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a good find at the car boot sale the papers look fab.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely boot fair bargains Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. From car boot to storage4crafts-see you've got your priorities sorted-consider everything I say. Spotted the pink petticoat image on your desk too. Keep up the good work Hugs BettyXXX

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great bargains you got ! ... enjoy the rummaging & playing with them :D x

    ReplyDelete
  18. i've been coveting those drawers for a while now ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a good haul you got. My OH would be with you, use more and buy less lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fab finds - send your hubby round here to find some for me, lol. Lovely to see creativity in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  21. looks like you've got some fab bargains there have fun sorting them all!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh man, I love when I accumulate too much stash! I love sorting through it. I like to leave it allllll spread about and tussle through it whenever I get the urge. Plus, if you sat there and rationalised it, (I can help you here) you probably Saved more money on that stuff than you spent, you know?
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great bargains! This desk does not count as messy - it's more sort of creatively 'busy' if you see what I mean! Those drawers are great, I've had my eye on them for some time ....

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh the joys of making space for new stash! hope you enjoy playing, hugs m xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whoa, great bargains. And no, no point jsut collecting stuff..use it too!! Specially the nesties - you don't have to have 'em all before you can use them...and just think, then you can buy as you use becasue it's important not to go below a certain level of stash!! Really.

    ReplyDelete
  26. aw, it's not fare car boot sales around here only have old boots!! lovely stash and what great bargains! Have a great WOYWW!!
    (Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great desk, Thanks for the snoop xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've seen that store on the i-net and I just had to click away because I would have bought the entire store :)
    I should probably use my old stash too instead of buying everything I see and like LOL
    ** Evi **

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely lot of stash. Thanks for sharing, hugs Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well done on your car boot haul...and well done to hubby for letting you know, you've obviously got him well trained! x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super shopper, that's what you are !

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hiya Alison

    Oh my gosh how fab was your bargains!!! :O)

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  33. i love hearing about getting bargains in sales! gets me excited!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for adding my didi digi store banner to your side bar Alison!!

    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Brill I love it when you get bargains like that at boot sales. My hubby is good like that to and spots stuff that I might want sometimes even before me (saves him getting nagged at I think lol)
    Take care
    sam x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! you have got some real bargins. Must try a car boot sale we have plenty round here.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your storage. Well done on the bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I would love to have a craft room with a view! What a good idea to get stuff from Car Boot sales! Well done you!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  39. Well done on the bargains, looks like you will have a great time sorting through your new treasure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi, please say hello and leave me a comment about my designs, always happy to welcome new friends :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Snowflakes are coming!

WOYWW 116 - It's been a while

WOYWW - 103